Listen Buy
Home About Marguerite Store Photo Album Message Board Event Calendar Contact Us
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is Christianity?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OFFICIAL website of Marguerite Perrin, the God Warrior! Forum Index -> Father Son and Holy Posts!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheLeast

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"What an abyss is the grace of God! Who can measure its breadth? Who can fathom its depth? Like all the rest of the divine attributes, it is infinite. God is full of love, for "God is love." God is full of goodness; the very name "God" is short for "good." Unbounded goodness and love enter into the very essence of the Godhead. It is because "his mercy endureth for ever" that men are not destroyed; because "his compassions fail not" that sinners are brought to Him and forgiven.

Remember this; or you may fall into error by fixing your minds so much upon the faith which is the channel of salvation as to forget the grace which is the fountain and source even of faith itself. Faith is the work of God's grace in us. No man can say that Jesus is the Christ but by the Holy Ghost. "No man cometh unto me," saith Jesus, "except the Father which hath sent me draw him." So that faith, which is coming to Christ, is the result of divine drawing.

Grace is the first and last moving cause of salvation; and faith, essential as it is, is only an important part of the machinery which grace employs. We are saved "through faith," but salvation is "by grace." Sound forth those words as with the archangel's trumpet: "By grace are ye saved." What glad tidings for the undeserving!" Charles Spurgeon
JNette

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Christianity is the following of Jesus Christ... Reply with quote

The prophets, up to 1500 years before the birth of Christ, prophesied that the Messiah would come as a baby, born of a virgin and wrapped in swaddling cloths. This is not only biblical, but historical. He came, he lived and he died. He was risen, and if you study about the Shroud of Turin, you will understand more. Jesus is the only messiah of any religion that has never had a body found. He is risen. If you want to learn more, find any Christian Bible Church, such as Community Bible Church, or Christian Fellowship. If their doctrine is that they believe in the trinity, the Father, son and holy Spirit, and if they believe that Jesus died for our transgressions and is the son of God, then study with them. In the meantime, buy yourself a study bible and read the new testament, like Matthew, Mark, Luke and John and the following epistles. Jesus is real. He lived to show us that we can be what God wants us to be. As a friend once told me when she was searching, "God, even if at the end of my life I find out you were not real, what an awesome recipe for the perfect life is printed here in this bible anyway!" But He is real. He is so real. My grandson cured of leukemia is just one of his little miracles, answered prayer. jeanette
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OFFICIAL website of Marguerite Perrin, the God Warrior! Forum Index -> Father Son and Holy Posts! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: