Listen Buy
Home About Marguerite Store Photo Album Message Board Event Calendar Contact Us
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wife Swap Family

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OFFICIAL website of Marguerite Perrin, the God Warrior! Forum Index -> Much Ado About Nothin'
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShugVermonte

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject: Wife Swap Family Reply with quote

i don't know if anyone else saw wife swap today, but le'ts just say that Marguerite's episode could have gone ALOT worse... this family *literally* thought that they were witches and the the mother was an embodiment of a Goddess. all that i can say....wow.
NiamhWitch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They followed Wicca, a legitimate religion recognized as such legally in the United States... though, please believe me, not every Wiccan family is like that. They picked the most extreme Wiccan family to participate in this. The family also had quite a skewed view on Wicca. For one, the religion is NOT "all about the Goddess", it is about balance and equality. Goddess AND God.

The episode actually didn't have much to do about religion at all actually. It was mostly about gender roles. The Wiccan family practically worshiped the mom (again, based on their skewed version of Wicca), while the other family (I'm not sure if we ever know their religion... it wasn't a point of topic) had the mom waiting hand and foot on her husband and two children.

Both families were extremes. Both needed to learn from each other to become less extreme in their ways. I think the biggest changes happened with the men. The Wiccan father really understood that he was not spending enough time with the family and their coven was over-running the household. Its nice that they have the religious group, but the focus needed to be put more on the actual family. The other father realized just how much his wife does for the family, and hopefully learned to appreciate her more.

There were ups and downs with both families on this episode... but I think in the end it was an overall positive experience. I do wish they picked a less extreme Wiccan family, or at the very least a Wiccan family who didn't skew the meaning of the religion and misrepresent it. Most Wiccans are pretty normal people and don't live like that. I know if I had that much religious paraphernalia in my house I would probably go nuts, lol.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mrs. T.D. Gaines-Crockett

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure but I believe it was Trading Spouses who recently aired an episode with a strong willed African American mother swapping places with a bizzare woman whose family lived & dressed in a medievil fantasy world.

Margueriete may have been portrayed as extrememely vocal and opinionated but the woman on the recent show who "thought her husband was a King" was truly insane. She actually cried when her "new husband" cooked dinner for the family because "he was the man and man is the king"................ scary people out there.
ShugVermonte

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, i saw that one too, that woman had a few too many screws loose
ShugVermonte

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummmm.....no, but thanks.
Star Guide

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She only accepted the money AFTER she saw the surgery <3 lololololol
Dorksided

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EVERYTHING'S DORKSIDED!

SHE'S DORKSIDED TOOOOOOO!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OFFICIAL website of Marguerite Perrin, the God Warrior! Forum Index -> Much Ado About Nothin' All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: